Mozilla Kerala was invited to be a part of this gathering. As a part of MozActivate initiative from Mozilla, we, from Mozilla Kerala community, organized an event at Wikisangamotsavam-2016. Me, Vipin George, Syam Kumar, Salman Faris, Sayed Falil and Gautam Krishna attended the event.
Find the event details on
Previous Event Blog Posts
The three-day event kicked off on 26th December 2016, at Padannakkad, Kanhangad, Kasaragod district, Kerala, India, the first two days included the sessions, Wiki Editing Workshop & many more, the third day was set for a boat ride called ‘JalaYatra’.
As usual, we came with a delegate agenda pretending to roll a mountain a month ago; the wikipedians loved it and were excited to have us there.
- Information on password security, user privacy and how Mozilla values these elements.
- Malayalam localization activities by Mozilla.
- Information on other interesting Mozilla projects such as the MozActivate, MozVR, IoT etc
- Intro to A frame
- Demo of VR devices
The event also included a couple of sessions from the Mozillian delegates too :
- Web Privacy, Mozilla’s Mission by Akhil James
- Intro to A frame by Salman Faris
- We reached the venue early and set up our stall. from the opening of the stall crowd started visiting the stall as they didnt expect a stall there. Vipin Sir , sayed ,salman , gautam and me took turns to man the stall.
- the wiki community started the event by inagural ceremony and later started there programs.
- the first mozilla session was handled by akhil,me and vipin sir helped in the session.
- akhil took session on
- Introduction to Open Source & Privacy
- Why Open Source?
- Mozilla’s Mission
- Why Firefox?
- Why Install Firefox for Windows 10?
- Set Firefox as Default Browser
- Firefox for Android
- Mozilla Kerala Community Activities along the state …
- Malayalam localization
- Servo engine and how this would improve the browsing.
- we organised a quiz competition in our stall with around 5 questions and the winners were given swags.
- the 2nd session was a technical one handled by salman with the help of akhil .
- he took a 3 hour session on
- Rust Programming
- A frame and MozVR
- IoT Introduction
- Raspberry Pi
- After the session on A frame and raspberry almost all the crowd was in front of the crowd asking us questions and doubts regarding the session.
- the wiki community had to stop there event for about an hour because all the attendees were at our stall.
we got up early and went to the location were the organisers have arranged a house boat to take the attendees on a ride in the backwaters to visit small small islands and take photographs and collect data for the open source mapping projects .
sajil a wiki enthusiast explained about there wiki localization efforts on how there working to bring a complete wiki edition on malayalam language.
we reached back were we started by 6pm and we left kanhangad hoping to come back again and meet the gang.